Friendly Chatting

Author Topic: Treasure Hunters  (Read 9 times)

Offline Jane

• Her Royal Majesty..squisher of moths and wasp basher
  • Administrator
  •  
  • Squisher of moths. I HATE moths..spawns of Satan,
Treasure Hunters
« on: August 02, 2022, 08:55:24 AM »
Treasure hunters digging for 10 tonnes of Nazi gold in the grounds of an 18th century Palace in Poland say they have been given permission to raise a buried canister which they think could contain the loot next month.

Led by a group called the Silesian Bridge Foundation, the dig in the village of Minkowskie has been concentrating on an old orangery in a small area of the 14-hectare palace park.

It is thought treasures, stolen on the orders of SS boss Heinrich Himmler to set up a Fourth Reich, are buried there.

In May this year, the group uncovered a 5ft metal canister buried 10ft below the surface.

Posting a video with English subtitles on YouTube on July 31, Roman Furmaniak, from the Silesian Bridge Foundation said: 'We are excited to share with you the receiving of our latest permit required for the final excavation of the deposits.

'Save the date - September 1st! Big Date for a Big Day! Things are moving, we would love to make it a sprint, as much as we can, but we do understand your impatience and we are doing our best with what we have!'

Thought to include the so-called 'Gold of Breslau' which went missing from police headquarters in what is now the nearby Polish city of Wroclaw, the canister is also thought to include jewellery and valuables from the private collections of wealthy Germans who lived in the region.

In order to protect their prized possessions from the advancing Red Army, the wealthy Germans handed their loot over to the SS.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11069631/Treasure-hunters-permission-raise-buried-canister-contain-200MILLION-Nazi-gold.html

It’s not that I dislike moths…I HATE moths..evil spawns of Satan..  and wasps.. I hate wasps. Spiteful nasty things that sting you for fun. Bash them with a rolled up newspaper.
I HATE ironing as well. Curse irons, Threw it away.

Offline Jane

• Her Royal Majesty..squisher of moths and wasp basher
  • Administrator
  •  
  • Squisher of moths. I HATE moths..spawns of Satan,
Re: Treasure Hunters
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 08:57:58 AM »

It’s not that I dislike moths…I HATE moths..evil spawns of Satan..  and wasps.. I hate wasps. Spiteful nasty things that sting you for fun. Bash them with a rolled up newspaper.
I HATE ironing as well. Curse irons, Threw it away.