Christmas corona chaos

Talk about the latest goings on around the world and have a debate in here.

Forum rules
We recommend you visit News Headquarter for all of your latest and breaking news headlines.

Link: https://newsheadquarter.com
Jane
Site Admin

Christmas corona chaos

Post by Jane »

Britain's coronavirus Christmas drama descended into a row today after top scientists warned relaxing measures to enjoy five days of festive celebrations would inevitably lead to more deaths — but other academics fought back and insisted the nation needs to accept 'some level of risk'.

Boris Johnson is facing mounting pressure to make good on his desire to ensure families can see their loved ones over the festive period, with ministers understood to be mulling over whether to allow four different households to mix together between December 24 to 28.

And figures today dealt a boost to No10's battle to keep Christmas alive, with both Covid-19 infections and deaths dropping again, bolstering hopes they are finally on the downward slope because of England's lockdown. Cases fell 31.5 per cent compared to last week, with 22,915 recorded today. And deaths dipped 11 per cent to 501.

CORONA CHAOS

Jane
Site Admin

Re: Christmas corona chaos

Post by Jane »

No one can make their mind up WHAT we are allowed to do..hairout

Aitch
His Lordship

Post by Aitch »

Well they might be in a thinking chaos, but my immediate family will definately be coming down and sideways to us, up to over and after the 25th. We so not celebrate christmas as a religious event cos it's not our theme; our twelve tribes go way way back before then .. anyway, I digress, yes our children + grandchildren will arrive at will to sit around our twelve seater table no matter what 'rules' might or might not exist and if Boris et alia do not like it, that waggon load of snollygosters can go and copulate with themselves. They really could not organise a pissup in a brewery :NO:

Spice
Young Spice

Post by Spice »

I just find the timing and rise of cases suspicious. In the summer my city had but a handful of cases. People were out and about, and no mask mandate was in place. Now that the weather has turned colder and they have mandated masks in grocery stores and all indoor spaces, cases in my city have exploded. Makes no sense.