Ban on new petrol and diesel cars in UK from 2030 under PM's green plan

Talk about the latest goings on around the world and have a debate in here.

Forum rules
We recommend you visit News Headquarter for all of your latest and breaking news headlines.

Link: https://newsheadquarter.com
Aitch
His Lordship

Ban on new petrol and diesel cars in UK from 2030 under PM's green plan

Post by Aitch »

Oh yeah? Good luck with this one Boris. Yet another policy ill though through. To get all the infrastructure needed up and running in nine years time, the man bust be deluded. In my road alone, my house is the only one with a car pull-in to its frontage and therefore the only one which could have a charging point installed AND there are many roads just the same as mine all over England .. that's just for starters, because there are many insurmountable problems to overcome which Boris and his rabble have not even taken into consideration :@

Jane
Site Admin

Re: Ban on new petrol and diesel cars in UK from 2030 under PM's green plan

Post by Jane »

Yeah electric cars are all very well,but they don't appeal to me in the slightest. I get the green brigade/climate change arguments...but the thought of speeding up the A1 and the battery conks out fills me with horror.

Aitch
His Lordship

Post by Aitch »

Jane wrote: November 18th, 2020, 12:26 pm Yeah electric cars are all very well,but they don't appeal to me in the slightest. I get the green brigade/climate change arguments...but the thought of speeding up the A1 and the battery conks out fills me with horror.
I'm in agreement about battery drive cars. The whole car debate is missing a very important and a very low cost way to beat the CO2 polluting our environment. Hydrogen gas has the ability to run a conventional petrol/gasoline engine with only minor adaptations and adjustments. During WWII cars were fuelled with hydrogen so that liquid fuels were spared for the military. The hydrogen was simply a by-product of coke production for steel production etc only then it was known as coal gas. My grandmother was fortunate enough to have such a conversion which consisted of a hydrogen tank (filled balloon) on the car's roof and some minor engine adjustments. Of course today the hydrogen would be highly compressed and stored in a tank where the car's fuel tank is now, BUT too much big business investments have been diverted into electric vehicles for simple hydrogen conversions to be considered as a quick and viable option to petrol, which is SO short sighted and THAT irks me summat rotten :@
The same goes for our millions of methane fired gas boilers .. revert back to hydrogen which fired them before conversion to North Sea (natural) Gas that took the country by storm in the 70's. Oh no, cant's do that as too much invested interests in 'alternative' technologies such as heat pumps, solar, tidal etc . This whole debate is NOT about saving the planet but big business investments and opportunities :@
When hydrogen is combusted in air, the only by-product is water vapour and what little heat is left after the process for which it was used such turning the engine or heating a boiler. . . simples ;)

Spice
Young Spice

Post by Spice »

They better provide lots of charging stations then.

Aitch
His Lordship

Post by Aitch »

Spice wrote: November 19th, 2020, 3:35 pm They better provide lots of charging stations then.
I really cannot see many being provided, if any in all those road-upon-road of terraced houses. Yes, perhaps some in the better off areas, but not up t'north :NO: Unattended charging cables will be a huge issue too and ripe for prolific theft.

Spice
Young Spice

Post by Spice »

In the US I saw them in Grocery story parking lots.